Sunday, July 24, 2011

So here's what you missed...

Well Blogger Universe... since we last chatted a lot has gone down...




Here's an overview of events:

  • I got accepted to the college of my choice
  • I was inducted into the National Honor Society
  • I GRADUATED!!
  • Andrew GRADUATED!!
  • College orientation
  • I've received almost $10,000 in scholarships

And hereeeeee we are! (If I've missed anything I'm sure I'll get to it eventually! xD)

Now that I've caught you all up.... let's talk college....
      




I'm absolutely petrified. 

(Hehe, I liked the picturexD) 

There are just so many unknowns about college... like will I be wandering around campus by myself all the time? Or what happens if I can't make any new friends? What happens if my roommate is crazy or a complete witch? I'm so scared of not knowing where to go.. what to expect... where to sit. It's all so new and me... a little country girl, doesn't know much about the big city, entering a crazy new chapter in life.

I've never been so scared in my life... not even being hospitalized for with a stroke at the age of 8 has anything on college. I know that sounds extremely stupid and silly but it's true! I spend nights crying myself to sleep because I don't know what's going to happen. In high school, you had the security, knowing that no matter what everything was going to be alright... you knew people and you were never alone... but now, I feel so alone. The admissions office at the college hasn't been helpful, and I feel like I'm flying solo in everything... and I know that's a part of growing up but it would be nice to have someone to help ease me into it... rather than throwing me in and saying sink or swim. 

College... in about 4 weeks I'll be moved in and (maybe) ready to face the next step...





Wish me luck blogger world! 
Goodness knows I'll need it!!


Sweet Dreams Blogger World~
Sammi






"But ya gotta keep your head up, whoaaaa... and you can let your hair down, ayyyy.... I know it's hard, know it's hard to remember sometimes, but you gotta keep your head up, whoa, and you can let your hair down ay-ay-ay-ay!"




No comments:

Post a Comment